I caught the Arduino bug and have been playing with various versions now for some time. I’ll post information on some of the projects I have been working on here as I get time.
There are a few that are in-service now:
- Heating controls for my own house and my sister’s,
- A GPS speedometer for a my best mate’s race car,
- A solar powered weather station connected to Thingspeak and Weather Underground
- A fridge temperature logger connected to Thingspeak to monitor the temperature of our hibernating tortoise
- An additional display within my Mk5 Astra instrument cluster showing coolant temperature and speed derived from the vehicle CAN bus
Below a live plot of fridge temperature for our sleeping tortoise: